Tom Petty's Death Ruled an Accidental Overdose

January 20, 2018

According to a statement from the Los Angeles County Department Medical Examiner, Tom Petty died of an accidental overdose. The Hall of Fame musician had taken several pain medications, including Fentanyl (including acetylfentanyl and despropionyl fentanyl), oxycodone and generic Xanax. Other medications included generic Restoril (a sleep aid) and generic Celexa (which treats depression). The Medical Examiner reported the cause as multi-system organ failure.

TMZ reported that he had been prescribed the drugs to treat emphysema, knee issues and a fractured hip. The latter had been causing him problems during his last tour which may have prompted  him to take extra medication.

 

 

Please reload

Recent Posts

August 9, 2020

Please reload

Archive

Please reload

Tags

Please reload

(646) 267-4855

Rolling Ln, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971, USA

©2018 by Edgewater Radio. Proudly created with Wix.com