It's been almost six weeks since we were given stay at home orders due to the Coronavirus. Our lives have been turned upside down. Sometimes we just feel overwhelmed or down. So how can we get through each day of the "new normal?" One of the most frustrating things is not knowing when it's going to end. It seems that as we look down that tunnel, we really can't see any light at this point.
Food shopping has become a nightmare. We have to make sure we're social distancing while shopping, we have to wear a face covering and try to get out of the store as soon as possible. We now have to wipe down our groceries. This has become an unwelcome weekly event in my life.
So what can we do to make things a little better? I try to take one day at a time. I compile a list of simple things in my mind that will get me through each day. For example, each morning when I wake up, I put together a mental list. Here's today's list:
1. Feed and take care of my cats.
2. Generate playlists for Edgewater Gold Radio.
3. Write my radio and weekly pet blog. Advertise Edgewater Gold Radio on social media.
4. Have some coffee on my porch.
5. Take my partner to work.
6. Take a two mile walk through town.
7. Voice Track Edgewater Gold Radio.
8. Make dinner
9. Relax and watch some TV.
10. Give thanks for the good things in our lives.
If we make a simple plan each day and stick to that plan, we can keep our mind and body healthier during this crisis. Good luck to you today, hang in there and stay safe!